Monday

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

ISBN: 0316160172
ISBN-13: 9780316160179

Grade: A (for entertainment value alone, not for quality of writing)
For what it's worth, it doesn't suck.  Twilight is the literary equivalent to reading the National Enquirer.  This book has something in common with Chicken McNuggets from McDonalds...you can't stop eating (reading).  It's so addictive.  Shame on me for even reading it, but I can't stop.  The only reason I read it was because I saw a LOLcats parody of the movies that were hysterical and decided then that I had to read the series.  I will take a Twilight book over a Jodi Picoult book any day (I'm still pissed about wasting so much time on My Sister's Keeper).  Twilight had me glued to the couch to finish it, even though I kept wanting to call Bella Bunny Swan from Mad tv and call Edward Cedric from Harry Potter.  My only complaint about Twilight is that the author kept describing Cedric's...err Edward's chest as being muscular.  Probably because I keep thinking of Edward as Cedric and not so buff is the reason that the muscle-y chest comments irked me.  Other than that, the book was embarrassingly addicting, so much so that I took the dust jacket off so people really had to squint to see what I was reading.  Not that I will freely admit to liking the book (the mental dilemma of even posting it here was excruciatingly difficult).

And yes, I did start reading New Moon (again sans dust jacket). I'm reading these books to appease my inner 12 year old who thinks the Twilight books are the best books ever (and wants a Team Edward tshirt).  Another reason is that I can unplug my brain while reading.   

No comments:

Post a Comment