Monday

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

ISBN: 0349113912
ISBN-13: 9780349113913

Grade: A

David Sedaris is still a comic genius.  Although I do have to say that his total nutters family members deserve some credit.  All these memoirs that I've read have inspired me to write a book about my own family of lunatics...under a pen name so as not to have my branch pruned from the family tree.

It's been a week or so since I finished Me Talk Pretty and some of the standout stories have stuck with me.  If you read You Can't Kill the Rooster and are not snorting with laughter, there is something wrong with you.  Same goes for Youth in Asia, if Mrs. Sedaris putting a newborn puppy in the oven to warm it up doesn't have you almost peeing your pants, go see a doctor because you need a sense of humor transplant ASAP.  Mr. Sedaris and Amy do not disappoint either.  You are all more than welcome to *borrow* my copy as long as you are willing to sign a waiver stating you will replace my copy should you get fluids on it from any outburst of hysterical laughter.

Oh apparently I forgot to mention that I live under a rock since I am just now reading any David Sedaris book I can get my hands on.  Now if you ask me what movies are currently in theaters, I don't think I could name one.  That's what happens when you watch stuff on the DVR and skip through the commercials...and when you live at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment