Monday

Coraline by Neil Gaiman

ISBN: 0380807343
ISBN-13: 9780380807345

Grade: A+

Shame on me for waiting this long to get a library card.  I still have too many books in my bookcase that have yet to be read (shame on me again).  We've only lived in the house for 4 years, so it's not like it's that big of a deal.  OK, so it is a big deal considering how much of our ridiculously high property taxes go towards the libraries.

First among the books checked out from the library was Coraline by Neil Gaiman.  Since finishing the book my biggest question is how screwed up was Gaiman's childhood?!  To write a book as demented as Coraline and aim it at kids just screams dysfunctional childhood.

Coraline is a twisted little book about a girl who discovers another world that contains other versions of almost everyone in Coraline's normal world.  Her parents are kidnapped by her other mother and Coraline has to rescue them along with 3 others.  Any more details and I'll spoil the story for you.  Triple shame on me for taking this long to read anything by Gaiman, and if Coraline is any indication, Gaiman will soon be one of my favorite authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment