Monday

Never Let You Go by Erin Healy

ISBN: 1595547509
ISBN-13: 9781595547507

Grade: C-

Never Let You Go is a book about a down on her luck single mom Lexi Solomon.  She works two jobs just to keep a roof over her and her nine year old daughter's head, albeit a dumpy roof.  Like the saying goes, when it rains it pours which is what is happening to Lexi.  Years ago her sister was murdered and shortly after that her dad suffers a mental breakdown and is placed in a mental facility.  Her sister's killer is up for parole, and her addict husband who left years ago reemerges and wants to be a part of their lives.  Lexi's support system throughout all of this is her roommate Gina and a new friend named Angelo who always seems to be in the right place at the right time when Lexi needs him most.  What follows is a roller coaster ride full of suspense and a mishmash of characters, both seedy and not.

My rating it C- in no way means that this is not a good book, just not my cup of tea.  The book was a bit confusing in the beginning with the introduction of quite a few characters in a shirt span of pages.  After figuring out who was who, the book took off rather quickly and held my attention for the first 260 pages.  The last 60 or 70 pages packed in tons of action and brought closure (somewhat) to characters that hadn't been mentioned in awhile. Towards the end the book started to confuse me, but that is no fault of the author's.  Seeing as that I haven't been to church in 10 years, and even when forced to go, didn't pay much attention, the Bible references were lost on me.  I would have given the book a B- if the Christian themes were toned down just a bit, but that's just my opinion.

I would recommend this book to those who love a good fast paced suspense novel, and to those who want a book with a good message in it.  This could be your type of book if you like books with great characterization, including a very unlikeable mother (Lexi's mom) and bad guys that epitomize what skeeves are.

This book was provided to me free of charge from BookSneeze.com in exchange for my review. My review contains my honest opinions.

You can find the book here:
http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/product_detail.asp?sku=1595547509&title=Never_Let_You_Go&author=Erin_Healy

Sample chapters can also be found here:
http://booksneeze.com/blogger/download/9781595547507

No comments:

Post a Comment