Monday

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

ISBN: 0316160199
ISBN-13: 9780316160193

Grade: C-

Again I took the dust jacket off so as to not broadcast that I'm reading another Twilight book. I do however read it every chance I get (extra long bathroom breaks, during meals, during tv shows).  Twilight series = steaming pile of crap, me = fly on said steaming pile. 

Good grief what a challenge this book was.  Not so much that the writing style is difficult to understand (in fact the opposite is true), but that the story was boring.  Utterly boring and long, way too long.  Bella was an awful character in the beginning part without her darling Edward, and the LOLcats hit the nail on the head with their parody.  Then insert Jacob, Bella's new BFF (shocking isn't it).  Jacob and Bella become inseparable probably because Jacob wants to get in her pants...badly, and Bella needs a temporary Edward stand in.  Then she finds out he's a werewolf.  Ummmm, hello cupcakes remember the scary stories he told you in the first book when you were at La Push beach?  You know the ones about the wolves and cold ones?  Yeah he's a werewolf you ding-a-ling.  If you didn't remember that from when he told you, his skin is roasting hot to the touch.  Yeppers, opposite of darling Edward's cold marble skin.

Bella Swan, you are one daft cow.

The book doesn't really get good until the end when Edward and the Cullen's come back.  I use the term good loosely, as these books are not good by any means.  However, they are quite addicting.  Back to the Chicken McNuggets from McDonalds theory.  Whatever chemical is in those nuggets, it makes you crave them.  Apparently the same chemical is in the Twilight books, either in the paper or the ink.  Yes I am going to read Eclipse next and cross my fingers that it's better than its predecessor.  But I'm still not putting the dust jacket on while I'm reading.   


No comments:

Post a Comment