Monday

Pleasure Model by Christopher Rowley

ISBN: 0765323885
ISBN-13: 9780765323880

Grade: A

Don't let the cover fool you.  It's not that smutty of a book.  Really only one or two scenes, and even those are PG compared with trashy romance novels. 

Pleasure Model by Christopher Rowley was another book that I got an advanced copy of, probably because I don't appear to be the target audience.  Little did the publisher know that I would turn into a sci-fi/noir junkie.  Shame on me for not finding out about Heavy Metal magazine until now, especially considering the contents of the iPod.  So I loved this book and didn't want it to end since I have no clue how long I have to wait for books 2 and 3 in the trilogy.  This was a noir book that reminded me of Sin City, only a billion times better.  The main character is Detective Rook, a good cop amongst a bunch of shifty cops, how is sent to investigate a murder of a very prominent politician.  During his investigation he finds a pleasure bot named Plesur designed to fulfill man's one need.  She's called a Pammy because her model was specifically designed to be blond, busty and not so bright.  Together they embark on a quest to find the truth, no matter how much the government and their assassins try to stop them.  

After reading this (which could easily be finished in one sitting) I have decided that I so want my own Pammy that has been engineered to clean my house, cook, crack backs and give massages.  My husband said that it's not a Pammy that I want, rather a butler.  But a butler wouldn't be programmed to do all I want a Pammy to do.  Butlers also run the risk of sass mouthing me.  I'd be the envy of every guy I know if I had my own Pammy.  A girl can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment