Monday

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

ISBN: 0316160202
ISBN-13: 9780316160209

Grade: B-

My name is Shelley and I am addicted to this Twilight saga nonsense.

The first step is admitting that there is a problem right?

So number 3 in the Twilight saga doesn't differ much from number 2.  Both are a little slow at times which has forced me to put the book down more often than I would like as the sooner I finish these 4 books the sooner I can go back to reading less embarrassing books.  Starting a second book probably didn't help motivate me to finish Eclipse.  My main motivation is that I'm borrowing the book and don't want to be one of those people that takes forever to return it.

The entire chapter about werewolf legends could have and probably should have been cut out entirely.  Same goes for the vampire army part.  The werewolf legends chapter was so stereotypical of Native American legends.  The vampire army and Confederate soldier turned vampire reminded me of why I disliked History in school.

What I did love was the evolution of Rosalie from human to vampire.  To see her transform from human victim into a vampire seeking revenge was cool.  I honestly didn't remember much of her in the first 2 books other than her not liking Bella, so this was a redemption song of sorts.

Eclipse starts getting good during the graduation party for Bella.  And it's not just me who thinks that.  The Twilight-pile (or whatever the fanatics are called) reiterated that sentiment.

I'm still not ready to put the dustjacket on to let the public see me reading these silly books. Knowing my luck Google Earth would be taking pictures of my property and see me sitting outside reading these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment