Monday

Get Lucky by Katherine Center

ISBN: 0345507916
ISBN-13: 9780345507914


Grade: B+

As many of you know I am a sucker for fab chick-lit books.  I really hate that chick-lit term...it's so icky and makes the books seem below others referred to as literature.  These so-called chick-lit books can be just as good if not better than some in the literature genre.

Get Lucky is a sweet story written by Katherine Center about how going home is never quite that easy.  We meet Sarah Harper who has just been fired from her advertising job for forwarding a boob email to the entire company.  Sarah immediately grabbed my attention since I've been fired for much stupider reasons (being framed by a boss for his screw ups that would have resulted in him losing his license and business, but that's another diatribe).  She goes home to Texas for Thanksgiving and finds herself as a surrogate for her sister.  Infertility...hitting way too close to home again, which takes unbelievable grace and tact to properly write about in a book.  I didn't want to finish it for the same reasons I didn't want to finish the Godmother by Carrie Adams.  So far Get Lucky is on par with the Godmother and will probably get shelved next to it.  The only reason I took a break from this book was because my dear husband came back from the library with 7 books and since I own a copy of Get Lucky it got put on very temporary hiatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment