Monday

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown

Grade: F

I won't waste your time with a full review of this book.  It is because of this book that I am starting a new rule with all books.  If after 3 chapters your book does not hold my interest, I will not finish it.  Life is too short to spend reading bad books. 

My main issue with this book was that the idea has been done before.  A mother is sick with cancer and her adult children come home to take care of said sick mother.  Throw in sick mom's husband's obsession with all things Shakespeare and that about sums the book up.  The subject matter didn't bother me as I absolutely loved Anna Quindlen's One True Thing.  My issue with this book is that it just bored the pants off me.

Moral of the story kiddos...life is too short to spend reading lousy books.

No comments:

Post a Comment